One to One Day Fair is a community-based project that’s been running for just under 40 years and had held 2 projects under COVID-19 restrictions. It is a unique example of community cooperation involving people from across greater Cape Town, both in size and impact. It hosts in excess of 3,000 intellectually disabled people at the annual fair, but this year, it seeks to treat those 3,000 individuals to a cosier winter.
Give Warmth to members of the community with intellectual disabilities. We are calling for donations of the bare necessities, the things we take for granted in our everyday life that will light up the lives of these folks:
- Socks, beanies, scarves;
- Packets of soup, coffee or hot chocolate, tea bags, sugar and milk powder;
- Rice, instant mealie meal porridge, packets of dry beans, beef cubes, packets of noodles;
- Soap, face cloths, small hand towels, toothbrushes, toothpaste; and small soft toys.
We believe to get warmth; one should give warmth. You can drop off your donation at any of the following points:
- Stephanie @ Gardens Shul office (021 465 140)
- Albert Glass @ 501 Migdal, 7 Worcester Rd, Sea Point (Mondays to Thursdays after 18:00 021 434 9315)
- Chanel Glass @ 314 Arena North, Royal Ascot, 29 Grand National Boulevard, Milnerton (leave at security point)
- Harriet Hoffman @ Welcome In, 3 Alma Rd, Claremont (Thursdays ONLY between 18:00-20:00 021 671 7945)
- CJSA branches: 7 Bellevue Road, Sea Point (Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16:00); 106A Pringle Road, Milnerton (Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16:00); Temple Israel Wynberg, 5 Salisbury Road (Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 16:00)
You can also make a monetary donation here. This donation drive closes on Friday, 29 July 2022.